Build your reputation, attract new customers and grow your business with your local Handy Mag
Adverts & Advertorials
Local businesses, tradespeople, national brands, healthcare professionals, estate agents, attractions…anyone, in fact, who has something to offer people in Ryedale and York.
What’s on, news from local groups,
charities and support organisations,
regular columns and articles.
Competitions, index of advertisers, homes and gardens, motoring, health and beauty, puzzles.
Our magazines are read cover-to-cover by an engaged readership, thus guaranteeing that your advert is going to reach your potential customers.
What people say…
Your Move Anscombs
Howardian Dental Practice
We use Royal Mail Door to Door to deliver the Handy Mags through every home and business for reliability and maximum exposure.
Malton, Pickering, Norton, Kirkbymoorside, Helmsley, Thornton le Dale, Cropton, Rosedale, Hovingham, Leavening, Sherburn, Rillington, Settrington, Scagglethorpe, Burythorpe, Flaxton…and all villages in between
YO17, YO18, YO60, YO62
Haxby, Wigginton, Strensall, Stockton on the Forest, Earswick, New Earswick, Huntington, Heworth, Dunnington, Murton, Skelton, Nether Poppleton, Upper Poppleton, Shipton by Beningbrough, Towthorpe, Clifton Moor…and everything in between
YO32, YO31 1, YO31 8, YO31 9, YO30 1, YO30 4, YO26 6, YO19 6
|Edition||Advertising Deadline||Distribution Start Date|
|January 2023||6th December 2022||26th December 2022|
|February 2023||10th January 2023||30th January 2023|
|March 2023||7th February 2023||27th February 2023|
|April 2023||7th March 2023||27th March 2023|
|May 2023||4th April 2023||24th April 2023|
|June 2023||9th May 2023||29th May 2023|
|July 2023||6th June 2023||26th June 2023|
|Aug/Sep 2023||11th July 2023||31st July 2023|
|October 2023||5th September 2023||25th September 2023|
|November 2023||3rd October 2023||23rd October 2023|
|December 2023||7th November 2023||27th November 2023|
|January 2023||5th December 2023||27th December 2023|
Our advertising rates are below. Please email or call us if you would like to book any advertising or have any questions.
We can help with your advert design and advise on the best rates and packages with discounts available for advertising booked in both magazines as well as discounts for longer term bookings.
We offer 10% discount for advertising in both magazines in the same month, 10% discount for bookings of 3 months, and 20% discount for bookings of 6 months.
All prices are per month and exclusive of VAT.
|Full page||£335||210mm x 148mm|
|Half page||£184||91mm x 129mm|
|Quarter page||£106||91mm x 62mm|
|Eighth page||£65||43mm x 62mm|
|Twelfth page||£43||43mm x 40mm|
|Double page||£603||210mm x 298mm|
|Back page||£454||210mm x 148mm|
|Inside front page||£402||210mm x 148mm|
|Inside back page||£367||210mm x 148mm|
|Page 3, 5, 7, 9||£367||210mm x 148mm|
Not-for-profit volunteer-led local groups and charities
We offer FREE advertising in our Local Life section on a first-come, first-served basis.
Need something bigger or a regular advert? Up to 30% discount is available off our standard advertisement rates.
Packages can be built to include any or all of the following:
Print marketing materials
Design & copywriting
Contact our team to create your bespoke package.
The Small Print
- All bookings are subject to Handy Mag’s terms and conditions.
- Written or verbal approval on design drafts or proofs will be taken by us as authorisation to proceed to publication.
- The copyright in all artwork, copy and other work produced by us is owned by us, unless duly assigned under the Copyright Design and Patents Act 1998, and as such copy should not be used anywhere else without our express written permission.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the following inaccuracies contained in copy supplied: print quality of copy supplied in a non-specified format, below the required dpi, or in the incorrect dimension for the space booked.
- The content of Your Copy remains Your responsibility at all times.
- Payment is required in advance for new customers and then by Direct Debit for longer monthly campaigns.
- VAT will be added at 20%
- Payment outside of our terms shall cause all discounted rates to be foregone and the non-discounted rate to be liable for payment.
- Cancellation of previously booked, discounted Insertions will cause any discounts to be forgone and the full non-discounted price to be invoiced.
- For full terms and conditions, visit www.thehandymag.com.