At a pivotal time for your local museum, the Board of Trustees is looking for a new Chair who will provide leadership to the trustees in forming new strategies for the museum as a whole, and act as an ambassador in developing relationships with key stakeholders.
The aim is to support a vibrant community facility that highlights our exceptional local heritage, thereby making a positive contribution to the vitality of Malton town centre.
In particular, the Chair should:
- have a track record of governance with an ability to be objective, listen, inspire and motivate both trustees and museum volunteers,
- be able to lead the Board of Trustees, operating within its charitable objectives, and ensure it fulfils its responsibilities of governance,
- have good communication and chairing skills with time to commit to the role and the organisation, both for internal meetings and as a spokesperson and advocate for Malton Museum,
- have expertise as a charity trustee, working in a small organisation, have credibility with decision makers and bring a network of contacts to the museum Board,
- ensure that the Board of Trustees continues to improve, to push boundaries and meet the challenges they face in the future as a consolidated Board.
We are looking for an outstanding leader and influencer as our Chair, who can help take the museum to a new level of engagement and operational effectiveness.
The role of Chair is an unpaid, voluntary position.
If you are interested in applying for this position please contact email@example.com for further and more details.