Malton and Norton Rotary are a relatively small Rotary Branch club in numbers, around 14 being our present active members. However, we are a very active club in helping the local community through our collective skills and efforts.
Over the recent years the club has been involved in the following projects through members physical activity and funding, all of which are assessed to be appropriate to Rotary aims in the global, country, and local community:
- Malton War Memorial renovation.
- Planting crocus and daffodil bulbs at various approaches to the towns of Malton & Norton, together with financial support for the new ‘Welcome…’ road signs.
- Provide funds supporting Malton and Norton in Bloom and installing planter boxes and benches.
- Funds to help with the running of Free Fridge schemes, and members assisting in serving and distributing food.
- Funding local sports club renovations and a disabled toilet upgrade.
- Helping local families referred to us in need with facilities and assistance.
- Scholarship funding for talented young people.
- Promoted the recent Community Young Champions Award Scheme, with the involvement of local radio and printed media.
- Funds and members activity towards the running of Norton Hive.
- Members providing assistance with the volunteers for the Malton Food Festivals.
- Supporting global activity focused on disaster relief, water supply schemes and Polio eradication.
What can I do to help? Want to join us in our efforts? Given the recent and current need to have local volunteers active to support our community, we are very welcoming of anyone passionate to make a difference, and to follow our global principle of ‘Service before Self’’.