Thursday, 28 September
Prospective parents and students in Years 5 and 6 are invited to attend Malton School’s Open Evening to be held from 6.30pm on Thursday, 28 September. The Open Evening is the perfect opportunity to experience the excellent provision at the School and the many opportunities it offers to all students.
Staff at Malton School understand that making the correct choice for your son or daughter’s secondary education and future success is crucial. By attending the Open Evening, parents and students will be able to meet Malton School staff and students, tour the School, see the facilities, hear from the Headteacher and experience for themselves all that the School has to offer.
There are many reasons why the School believes it could be the right choice for your child. These include:
- A positive, friendly and nurturing environment in which students can learn effectively from the time they start in Year 7 right through to the end of Sixth Form in Year 13.
- “Exemplary behaviour” (as described by Ofsted in their last report) with excellent teaching and a highly supportive system of pastoral care.
- A broad curriculum offer which maintains choice for students whilst adding significant value to the progress they make. Students choose up to 4 subjects to study at GCSE in addition to English, Maths and Science, which can be taken as a triple or double option.
- Providing weekly opportunities for students to develop their personal portfolio of experiences and skills through an extended day on a Thursday when students are in school until 4.25pm. Known as Personal Development Activities, students choose one subject per term which could be anything as diverse as chess, badminton, Duke of Edinburgh Awards, orchestra or debating. This equates to an extra day of teaching every 5 weeks, or nearly 8 additional days over the academic year.
- The use of iPads within lessons and to support home learning, to create an innovative and compelling learning environment that engages students and provides tangible evidence of academic achievement. Malton School is one of 700 Apple Distinguished Schools worldwide, recognised as being leaders in the use of technology in education.
- Continued development and extension of the facilities to ensure Malton School provides high quality learning areas across the curriculum and in all Year Groups. The school has a drama studio, art rooms, a dedicated sports centre, modern design technology facilities as well as 8 specialist science laboratories.
The staff at Malton School very much look forward to welcoming you to their Open Evening. For more information about the school, do visit their website: www.maltonschool.org.