New Earswick Camera Club (founded in 1949) was formed by a group of photographers in New Earswick to ‘develop and sustain an interest in the art and science of photography within the New Earswick community and neighbouring areas’.
The Club meets weekly on Thursday evenings between September and April at 7.30 pm in the Friends Meeting House in New Earswick. It is a Member Club of the Yorkshire Photographic Union and is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
- presentations by Club members and visiting speakers who show examples of their photographs
- viewing shows of portfolios of images from regional and national competitions
- taking part in club competitions for which trophies are given;
- taking part in competitions against other local camera clubs
- sharing knowledge of photographic processes and techniques, image manipulation, presentation of images, storage of images and preparing shows.
- During the summer months, practical evenings are held at various locations in the wider area when members can help each other on technical issues while taking photographs of natural history, buildings, etc.
Why not come along to a meeting to see what the club can offer you in the field of photography – you will be very welcome!