The Handy Mag Open Photography Competition 2021 is now accepting entries.
The Competition—which is running for the first time in 2021—is looking for photographs that capture the essence of local life in Ryedale and York par excellence. Photographers of all abilities and ages are encouraged to enter, and images displaying outstanding technical and creative skills will receive special credit.
Images of all kinds are acceptable. (The only condition is that they are taken broadly within the Ryedale and York areas.)
One winner will be selected each month, from the entries submitted that month, and have their image printed in the Handy Mag. In December 2021, two images will be selected to be printed on the covers of our February 2022 editions.
- The Competition is free to enter and open to anyone.
- Entries must be photographs taken by yourself and broadly within the Ryedale and York areas.
- One winner will be selected every month from March until December. Entries must be submitted by 13.00 GMT on the last day of the month to be considered for that month’s competition.
- The winner will have their image printed in the Handy Mag and posted online. Other exceptional images may also be posted online.
- In January 2022, two images submitted to the competition at any point in 2021 will be printed on the covers of the February 2022 editions of Handy Mag Ryedale and Handy Mag York.
- Please see ‘Rules’ at www.thehandymag.com/photography-open/ for full image eligibility criteria.
To enter, you must do one of the following:
- Post your image to our Facebook page (@thehandymag).
- Post your image on Instagram with the hashtag #handymagphotography.
- Email your image to email@example.com.