by Dr Christine Parker, BDS (GDC 72136), Howardian Dental Practice
It has certainly been very interesting over the last few months catching up with patients whose appointments we’ve had to postpone during lockdown.
As a small, private practice, we have managed to educate our patients on how best to maintain their oral health and — whilst we could never imagine that it would become so important as it has this year — it’s meant that the majority of our patients have had very few problems.
It’s going to a very long time before dentists are able to see the same volume of patients they did previously, which means longer waiting times for all types of treatments. Home care will become even more important.
Here are some tips to help keep you going until you can get booked in:
- brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste for 2 minutes;
- use interdental sticks or floss before you brush at night;
- don’t rinse after brushing;
- don’t consume sugary foods or drinks between meals; and
- do ring your regular dentist if you have a problem.
We would like to thank our regular patients for managing so well in what has been a stressful year for all. We are welcoming new patients. For personalised advice on your dental needs please call Jan.