At Moonriver Publishing Ltd, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us and to manage your bookings and account with us. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, Moonriver Publishing Ltd of 18F Market Place, Malton, YO17 7LX is a Data Controller.
What information is collected?
Moonriver Publishing Ltd is an independent publishing house based in the centre of Malton. Supporting businesses and local people across Ryedale and York, we produce the Handy Mags – leading community lifestyle magazines with a readership of more than 100,000. We also provide a full range of design and print services.
We may collect some or all, of the following information about you when you book an advert in the Handy Mag, enquire about our services, enter our competitions or make contact via our website;
- Name and job title
- Contact information including telephone numbers, email address, and address and postcode
- Information about the type of business you operate eg; trades, financial etc
- Other information relevant to your advert booking or enquiry.
Information we collect about you
With regards to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed and searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our office.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Why do we need your information?
We need this information to understand your requirements and to help us to provide you with a better service. We need to be able to communicate with you, to discuss your ongoing advertising, which may include changes to your advert or our services, design requirements or to advise you of our services or products that we think may be of interest to you.
What do we do with your information?
We use information about you in the following ways;
- To keep our internal records up to date
- To provide you with information about services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To improve our website and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/phone
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including;
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter in to, with them or you
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- Credit Reference Agencies or Debt Collection Agencies for the purposes of maintaining credit control
We may disclose your personal information to third parties;
- In the event, that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Moonriver Publishing Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply (click here to view our terms and conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where do we store your information?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity as well as to provide you with a good experience when you are using the website. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a Cookie so that you have an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. However, you should note that rejecting cookies may mean that some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you use these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of the website in question.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email email@example.com or write to us at 18F Market Place, Malton, YO17 7LX.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us at any time to correct or remove information that is inaccurate. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us on the above addresses.