These colourful garlic roasted peppers are full of Mediterranean flavours. They make a great simple starter for a dinner party or served as part of a summer buffet. To serve chilled, allow the peppers to cool completely then cover and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- 4 large red peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 115g (4oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 55g (2oz) pitted black olives
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 75g (3oz) feta cheese, thinly sliced or crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Slice each pepper in half, cutting though the stalks, and remove the seeds. Place the pepper halves, cut side up, in a shallow roasting tin. Top with the garlic, tomatoes and olives.
- Drizzle over half the oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 25-30 mins until the peppers are just tender and lightly charred in places. Leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Blend the pesto sauce with the rest of the olive oil. Serve the warm peppers topped with the feta cheese and the pesto dressing. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.