Across Ryedale, there are a range of projects supporting people and families who are experiencing challenges in accessing food.
Developed through 2020, the cluster of food projects operating across Ryedale have been working closely to maximise their resources for the benefit of households experiencing food challenges. As we help many families find their ‘new normals’ and start to recover from the impact of COVID-19 (be that on their health, finances and/or access to their usual support networks), these organisations are continuing to build positive food solutions, reducing food waste, and increasing access to affordable food.
Ryedale’s Food Support offer includes:
- Food parcels for families in need from the Ryedale Foodbank.
- Access to the Ryedale Community Kitchen (a pre-cooked meals scheme).
- Community Smart Pay It Forward café’s (check website for details).
- Support for the Ryedale Free Fridge, Norton Free Fridge or Pickering Foodshare.
- Access to food support for those isolating and without an immediate support network.
- Shopping support from local volunteers.
- Donation distribution.
If you would like to discuss any of the above there is a central contact number you can call for more information: Ryedale Community Support Organisation: 07922 421326.
Our innovative food waste projects can be accessed by just dropping in. For further information and opening times all can be found on Facebook or by contacting: